Safety Precautions & Protocols
If you have more questions, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
During your Visit
For your peace of mind
Rest assured our standard cleaning routines are very thorough; however, during this time, we have increased our efforts throughout the day. These actions include, but are not limited to, cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces and frequently touched items in treatment rooms and throughout the public spaces of the building. We’re providing hand sanitizer stations at front desk, in our treatment rooms and tranquility room. We are also ensuring our staff and guests are monitored for fevers regularly by taking temperatures at the beginning of each shift and when guests enter our facility. It’s also important to note that our cleaning materials and supplies meet or exceed industry standards.
The focus on cleanliness and sanitation is imperative to our daily operation and has always been a top priority for facility. These additional measures will work to help ensure we continue to provide a safe environment for our guests.
In accordance with the International Spa Association’s standards, Island Retreat Spa has committed the following to our guests:
• Keeping the well-being of our staff and guests as our top priority
• Offering personal protective equipment as required by law to protect staff and guests
• Mindful and visible handwashing (both staff and guests)
• Practicing physical distancing in non-treatment spaces
• Staying home when ill
• Visible and transparent promotion of sanitation and hygiene efforts.
The number one reason worldwide people visit spas is to manage stress. Given the stress of the current situation, we are committed to providing you with a space to simply relax and invest in your overall health and well-being under this new set of social norms that have been placed upon us.
Salon & Spa Guest Protocols
(updated Aug 2021)
• Out of respect to our staff and other guests, we are requiring all UNVACCINATED clients to wear masks upon entering the building. Vaccinated guests will have the option to remain unmasked, but we kindly ask to consider wearing a mask due to the fact we now know that the virus can still spread among the vaccinated.
• Regardless of their vaccine status, our Staff will be wearing masks, and therapists will be masked during treatments and if 6ft distancing cannot be maintained. If you do not have a mask, we will have a limited number of masks available to purchase.
• When you arrive for your treatment, please sanitize or wash your hands prior to your treatment.
• Please maintain 6ft distance from other guests at the spa if you are unmasked.
• Please do not come to your appointment with any signs of illness or severe allergies causing coughing, sneezing, runny nose or eyes, fever, or GI upset. If you arrive with symptoms, you will be turned away and your card will be charged a missed service fee of 100% of the service price. Our standard 24-hour Cancellation Policy will be enforced. Services cancelled in under 24 hours will be billed the full amount plus a $20 late cancellation fee. No exceptions.
Fitness Class Update:
Multiple OUTOOR and HYBRID (indoor-outdoor/studio door is open for ventilation) class options are available for our guests to enjoy continued in-person instruction. All classes are masks-optional for VACCINATED guests. Masks are optional for unvaccinated guests for outdoor classes only when 6ft. social distancing can be practiced.
In Health & Wellness
Our appreciation for your support continues to run deep. Please go get vaccinated!
In Health & Wellness,
The Island Retreat Spa and Salon Team